International Entrepreneur E2 Visa Countries
For the starters:
Now, for the right candidates, this can be a phenomenal option to come to the United States and work in the United States for your startup company. This is a special immigration option for entrepreneurs that are working for a startup company. Here is the proper thesis about the benefits of this program, the requirements, and how somebody can go about extending their stay under the International Entrepreneur Parole Program.
In few words,
- This is a special rule that allows the Department of Homeland Security to use its parole authority to grant a period of authorized stay to foreign entrepreneurs on a case by case basis who demonstrate that their status in the US would provide a significant public benefit.
- So we want to point out that the International Entrepreneur Parole Program is not a visa. It’s a special parole authority by the Department of Homeland Security to grant a period of authorized stay.
- Through the International Entrepreneur Parole Program, an entrepreneur who satisfies the requirements can come to the US and be eligible to work for their startup business in the US.
- Another important point, the spouse and children of the entrepreneur can also get parole to come to the US, and the spouse can apply for work authorization once in the US.
Benefits of the Program?
So now that we discussed what the International Entrepreneur Parole Program is, let’s talk about what the benefits are of the International Entrepreneur Parole Program.
- This is another option for foreign entrepreneurs to be able to come to the US to work for their own business. We have options already like the E2 Visa, the L1 Visa, and various other options for entrepreneurs. But this is yet another way for foreign entrepreneurs to come to the US and work in the US.
- Another benefit is that the International Entrepreneur Parole Program doesn’t require an investment from the entrepreneur the same way that other programs require, such as the E2 Visa.
- The International Entrepreneur Parole program does not require an investment by the entrepreneur.
- Another benefit of this program is that it allows the spouse of the entrepreneur to apply for and potentially get work authorization to work in the United States.
- Additionally, this program allows the children of the entrepreneur to also get parole to come to the United States, and they are authorized, if they qualify, to attend school in the US.
- Another benefit is that this initial period of parole can initially be granted for two and a half years, and it can also be renewed for an additional two and a half years, giving the entrepreneur up to five years of stay in the United States.
- Another major benefit of the International Entrepreneur Parole Program is that through this program, up to three entrepreneurs can come to the United States under this program to work for the same startup company. So this program isn’t just limited to one entrepreneur per startup company.
So now we discussed what the program is. What are some of the benefits? Now let’s talk about some of the requirements to qualify under the International Entrepreneur Parole Program.
- The entrepreneur must own at least 10% of the business. So through the International Entrepreneur Parole Program, the entrepreneur that’s seeking to qualify through the program only needs to own at least 10% of the business.
- The entrepreneur must have an active role in the operations of the business.
- The entrepreneur can’t just be some sort of a passive investor.
- They must have an active role in the operations of the business.
- The startup company must have been formed within the last five years. So if this is a company that was formed 20 years ago, it’s not eligible for this program.
- Additionally, the start up must have substantial and demonstrated potential for rapid business growth and job creation. And you might be wondering to yourself, how do I show that the startup company has substantial and demonstrated potential for rapid business growth and job creation?
Well, we’re going to go through that right now.
How to show that the startup has substantial and demonstrated potential for rapid Business Growth and Job creation.
- One way to show this is by showing significant investment at least $250,000 from qualified US investors with an established track record. So if you can show that there has been investment made in your startup totaling at least $250,000 by qualified US investors, then this is one way to demonstrate that this requirement is satisfied.
- Another way that you can show that this requirement is satisfied is by showing significant awards or grants of at least $100,000 from federal, state, or local government agencies.
- And yet, a third way that you can show that this requirement is met is by showing that you partially meet either or both of the previous requirements and can show other reliable and compelling evidence, such as being admitted to a competitive startup accelerator, or other potential ways that you can show compelling evidence regarding the start up.
So now let’s talk about how somebody can practically go about applying for the International Entrepreneur Parole Program.
- So step one is to apply by filing a Form I 941, Application for Entrepreneur Parole with USCIS.
- Now, step two is once the Form I 941 is approved, the next step is to visit a US consulate abroad to obtain a travel document and after the travel document is approved, the next step is to appear at a US Port of entry for your final parole determination.
- Now, an important point that we want to mention. Canadians do not have to go to a consulate to get a travel document. They can go directly to a US Port of entry with their approved I 941.
We are experts in investment visas and our immigration experts bring along years of experience. Contact us now and schedule a free consultation with Visa to America!