Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program
For the starters:
his is known as a Citizenship by Investment Program and is often abbreviated as CBI. We will guide you through the main requirements, costs, steps, and benefits of obtaining a second passport. The Grenada CIP is one of the newest programs in the Caribbean launched in August 2013. As an applicant, you must be at least 18 years of age, of good character and without a criminal record. Additionally, you are required to make a nonrefundable donation to the National Transformation Fund or make an investment in government approved real estate projects.
What is the Program about?
To qualify for the Grenada Citizenship by Investment program, there are two investment options to choose from.
- The first option is a minimum nonrefundable contribution of $150,000 to the National Transformation Fund.
- The second option is a minimum investment of $220,000 in government approved real estate projects. The property can be resold after a required holding period of five years. In addition to the minimum investment, there are government processing fees and professional fees that apply to both options.
Process for the Visa?
To get the most updated and detailed cost, you can book a free consultation with one of our expert consultants by applying on our website.
The process of obtaining the Grenada Citizenship by Investment consists of five steps over a period of four to six months.
- Step One: We will do an initial background check to make sure you are qualified to apply to the program. If you pass the qualification process, a down payment of our professional fees is required to start working on your application and move to the next step.
- Step Two: Our team will assist you with the collection of all documents required by the government.
- Step Three: Once the documents are collected, we will submit your application and at the same time, you are required to pay the government fees.
- If you decide to invest in real estate, a reservation of your chosen property must be made at this time.
- Step Four: Once the government has approved your application, you are invited to pay the nonrefundable contribution or finalize your property purchase.
- Step Five: Your citizenship certificate and passport are issued by the government. At this time, the balance of our professional fees will be settled and your new citizenship documents will be delivered to you.
Benefits of Obtaining Grenada Citizenship
- As a citizen of Grenada, you are entitled to visafree and visa on arrival travel to over 140 countries and territories, including Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Russia, the Schengen area and the United Kingdom.
- Grenada is home to one of the best medical schools, St. George’s University, which is ranked highly by multiple global organizations.
- The Grenada program is the only one of the Caribbean Citizenship by Investment programs that offers an opportunity to obtain an E2 Investor Visa in the United States of America. For more information about the E2 Investor Visa, please contact us on our website.
- Grenada imposes minimal taxation with an exception of no taxation on wealth, gifts, inheritance, foreign income or capital gain. Additionally, the country allows multiple citizenships so there is no need to renounce your current citizenship.Yes, you can include qualified members of your family in the application or add them after you have obtained your citizenship for an additional fee, a qualified family member can be a child not older than 18 years, a child up to 30 years old that is financially dependent, parents above 55 years old and siblings above 18 years old.
- The government does not require you to pass any interviews, language tests or have previous work experience to be able to apply for this program.
- Visa to America will assess your eligibility before submitting your application. Anything that might cause issues in the process will be explained to you before any action is taken. Once your file is submitted, the government will conduct their own assessment. Please note that you do not have to pay the investment amount until your application is approved.