Our expertise leads your business to success!


E2 Visa for South Korea

South Korea has the highest E-2 Investor Visa’s Issued!

South Korea E-2 Investor Visa approvals have increased 20% over the past three years and Koreans open franchise businesses across the United States through the E2 Investor Visa program.

South Korea is one of the eighty-one Treaty Countries.

E-2 Investor visa applicants who want to move to the United States, for a certain period of time, must be prepared to either engage in substantial trade, including trade in service or technology, or other qualifying activities, which is primarily between the United States and the treaty country, or to develop and direct the operation of an enterprise in which the applicant has invested a substantial amount of capital.

E-2 Visa holders must also leave the United States upon the termination of their E2

Status, which can be renewed if they remain eligible for up to a total of sixty months.

The spouse and unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of E-2 Visa investors, or employees of enterprises may receive dependent E2 visa to accompany or follow to join their spouse or parent. They are not required to have the same nationality as the E-2 Investor Visa applicant to qualify for one as well.

Flag of South Korea

Don’t leave anything to chance. Let our focused expertise work for you.

E2 Visa is the answer to your question!

The E-2 Investor Visa allows the investor/trader and his or her family to live in the USA during a period of stay authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The E-2 Investor Visa is a nonimmigrant visa; consequently, visa holders are all owed to live in the United States if the conditions under which the visa was granted remain valid. Dependents are not authorized to work in the USA unless they receive explicit authorization to do so from DHS and the USCIS in the United States.

Dependents of treaty traders/investors may apply for work authorization after their arrival in the United States.

Core Values

Qualifications for an E-2 Investor Visa:

* The investor, either a person, partnership, or a corporate entity, must be a citizen of the treaty country. If investing in a business, persons of the treaty country’s nationality must own fifty percent of the business.

* The investment must be substantial, and the funds must be irrevocably committed. The investment must be sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the business.

* The investment must be in a real operating enterprise. Speculative or idle investments do not

qualify. Uncommitted funds in a bank account or ownership of undeveloped land are not

considered an investment.

* The investment may not be marginal. Based on 9 FAM 402.9, the investment business must either show a financial return that significantly exceeds what is necessary to support a living for the investor and their immediate family, or else the business must show solid potential to make a significant economic contribution.

* The investor must have control of the funds, and the investment must be at risk in a commercial sense. If the funds are not subject to partial or total loss if business declines, then the investment is not an investment in the sense intended by the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) 101(a)(15)(E) and in 9 Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM) 402.9. Loans secured with the assets of the investment enterprise do not qualify.

* The investor’s intention must be to develop and direct the business in the United States. If the applicant is not the principal investor, he or she must be employed in a supervisory, executive, or highly specialized position. Ordinary skilled or unskilled workers do not qualify. Please note that a detailed explanation of why the applicant’s leadership and operational skills are essential to the or why the applicant possesses qualifying executive or supervisory experience may be required.

* The applicant must intend to depart the U.S. when his/her E-2 status ends.


Visa to America assists Korean clients with the E2 Investor Visa regularly. If you are seriously considering taking this step, call Visa to America today! Our experienced E-2 Investor Visa experts are standing by, ready to assist you!

Call us now on +1(202) 951-0802 or email us at info@visatoamerica.com

Call Us Now